The EZ Browse option is used to browse through any files you have. It is made with various options rather than just browsing for your convenience. For example it will allow you to upload, delete and create files. You can even create directories from the EZ-Browse tool which enables you to organize and create pages on the fly. If you are creating links for pages that don’t exit you can create a directory and page for that link from the EZ-Browse and then link directly to that page without returning to the EZ-File Manager, it can all be done in the EZ-Browse. One important fact to remember about EZ-Browse is that you will need to be performing some operation that calls for the EZ-Browse, such as opening, or saving a file.
When Opening or Selecting a File
When you click on the EZ-Browse icon next to a text box in order to open a file you will need to follow these instructions once the EZ-Browse opens:
- Select the folder you would like to browse through in the “Look in:” drop-down-box. The default is the home directory.
- If you have a large list of files you can narrow your search by viewing only 1 type of file at a time. To do this:
- Find the “Files of Type:” drop-down-box at the bottom of the window.
- Select the type of files you would like to view in the EZ Browse screen; whether they be images, html or all types.
- Then find the file that you would like to open from the EZ Browse window.
- Click on the “Open” button to open the file. If you change your mind, click on “Cancel."
Go Up a Directory
This option allows you to move up a directory. For example, if you are in a sub-directory of your “home” directory, clicking that icon will move you to the home directory.
Create a New Directory
This option allows you create a new directory.
- Click on this icon, and a field called “Directory Name will open at the bottom of the screen.
- In that field type in the name you would like to give the new directory. Remember there is a 15 character limit, if you exceed this you will receive a permission denied error.
- Click on the “Submit” button. You will see the new directory pop up in the window. If the new directory doesn’t appear immediately hit the refresh icon. If you change your mind you can click “Cancel.”
Create a New EZ-PageBuilder File
- After you click this icon, at the bottom of the browse screen you will see a field called “File name.”
- In that field type in the name you would like to give the new file.
- Click on the “Submit” button. You will see the new file pop up in the window. The file that it creates is a page that says that it is “Under Construction.”
- To edit this file open it and begin editing it just like you would a new page in EZ-PageBuilder. If you change your mind you can click “Cancel.”
To upload a file:
- Click on the icon above. At the bottom you will see a blank field to enter the “File name.”
- Click on the “Browse” button next to the blank field, and it will bring up the browse from your computer.
- Find and select the file you would like to upload from your computer.
- Once the file appears in the empty field, click on “Upload,” and the EZ Browse screen will refresh and the file will appear in the window. If you change your mind, click on the “Cancel” button. If you already know the exact location of the file on your hard drive you may type in the file path in the text box instead of using EZ-Browse. Note: If the file, that you are trying to upload, has illegal characters in it or exceeds the 40 character limit, the file will not be uploaded.
Preview a File
To preview a file:
- First you will need to select the desired file.
- Once you have selected a file click on the preview file icon. A new window will pop up and show you a preview of the file.
- Click on the “Close Window” button to close the window.
Delete a File
- Select the file you would like to delete, the file should appear in the text box at the bottom of the browse window.
- Click on the delete icon.
- At the bottom of the screen you will get a warning message asking if you are sure that you want to delete that file, once a file is deleted, there is know way to restore it.
- Click on the “Delete” button if you would like it deleted. Click on the “Cancel” button if you change your mind.
Click on this icon to refresh the EZ Browse screen in case you have made some changes that are not showing.
Once you are finished using EZ-Browse it will hide in the background unless you are using AOL or MSN browsers. The EZ-Browse will continue to stay open so that it will load quickly as you call it from the many different location you can access EZ-Browse from. It will even stay open once you have exited your EZ-Net Tools account. At this point it is rendered unusable and you will need to close it down to remove it from your desktop.